Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Victoria - From the beginning




Well, everyone and their birth stories... I figured I would attempt it. It has been a long time, and not very eventful, but here it is none the less. My 1st pregnancy wasn't too bad. I had 24 hour sickness from week 7-14, but I could handle it because I was so excited to be pregnant. We had been married for about 6 years and I was ready for a baby. I was working at Jacobs Wholesale Paper company as the customer service representative when I got pregnant. They were like a second family to me. The owners of the company took me and Jonathan out to eat one night and I had just found out I was pregnant. We told them and they were so excited. They were the first people we told. We weren't big picture takers and still aren't, I guess. But here is one of the only pictures of me pregnant with Victoria. I was about 8 months I guess.


My mom came to visit for the birth, or when we thought the birth would be. She came about a week before my due date. Well, she was here for almost 2 weeks and she was supposed to leave in a couple of days. I went a week past my due date and my midwife said she would induce me. I didn't have one contraction before I went in to be induced, so I didn't really know what they felt like. Well, they started me on the pitocin after midnight. I couldn't sleep because I had to pee every hour. Such a pain with that I V. Anyway, the next morning around 7, I felt a contraction. I thought, "I can handle this." For some reason, I wanted to have her naturally. Not sure what I was thinking. Anyway, needless to say, the contractions got more intense real quick. At first they gave me stadol and I was able to sleep for a while. When I woke up, I got an epidural, and it wasn't bad after that. I could tell when I was ready to push. And I didn't have to do it very long. Probably about 30 minutes. And there she was. The first thing I thought when they gave her to me is that she was heavy. She was 7lb 11oz.
Here we are sitting on the floor with no furniture. We had moved into that house while I was pregnant. What a sweet sleeping baby.

She was actually a very good baby. I worked up until recently, so I feel I missed out on a lot. She had a good babysitter though that she loved. She was always happy.
As she grew, I enrolled her in dance class. She LOVED it. I did too. Seeing as how I loved to dance too. You know how sometimes you live out your dreams through your kids? I always wanted to be in a dance class too. The closest I got was in 4th grade, we were in gymnastics. That was pretty fun too.

This is her doing her yellow polka dot bikini dance. She was in it for 2 years, then our budget wouldn't allow it. Poor thing. Anyway, she turned out ok anyway. So, there she is. Our big girl.



1 comment:

  1. Very cute girl. She will like reading her story. Isn't that why we do all this craziness??? I remember her when she was little. I think we met her when she was 3 months old. How adorable.

    ReplyDelete