Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brayden's Turn

Well, our little boy came in the middle of two miscarriages, so we know he is supposed to be in our family. He is such a sweetie, most of the time. It's sad I don't have any pictures of when I was pregnant with him. Actually, I have some snapshots from a shower I was given, but not on the computer. My pregnancy with him was pretty uneventful just like his sister's. I was still working at Jacobs Wholesale Paper. I had the same sickness from week 7 to 14. By the way, I was also sick that same time frame during my pregnancies that ended in miscarriages. Four times the sickness for two babies. Oh well. Not long ago, Jonathan asked me didn't I want another baby. I knew he was kidding, but I said NO WAY. He said, "But I thought you wanted four kids." I said, "Actually, I do have four kids." Anyway, back to Brayden. I was induced with him too, but a few days before my due date instead of a week after, like Victoria. It was a lot easier this time. I knew how long I could last before the epidural. I wasn't checked many times, but I remember the last time, they were like, "Oh my gosh, the head is right there. Let me go get Leigh." I don't even think they had time to get everything ready for when he was born. When my midwife got in there, I pushed maybe 3 times and there he was. I was like, "That's what I'm talking about!" He was smaller than Victoria. He weighed 6lb10oz, I think. I know, that's bad. Anyway, I couldn't have asked for a better delivery. Actually, when he came out he DID give me a little scare. He didn't cry. I was like, "Is he ok? What's wrong with him?" They kept saying that he was fine. Eventually, he cried and I felt a little better.
Here he is just a few hours old. What a sweet sleeping boy!



He cracks us up. He always has something in his mouth. He has to free up his hands for more important things.


This is when he USED to sleep during church. All you mothers know what I'm talking about. Don't we wish our kids would sleep during church a little longer than they actually do? He wasn't like most babies and sleep ALL the way through church, but he usually slept through sacrament meeting.


Here he is when we visited my aunt and cousins in Louisiana. My mom bought that walker at Wal-Mart for him to use and then took it back when we left. :)



I just like this picture.


Anyway, that's our baby. He will be 2 on July 8th. He loves to be outside and LOVES to play with his sister, "YaYa". That's what he calls Victoria.
We're happy to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment