Tuesday, January 4, 2011

December 2010

Well, December started with Jonathan and Victoria taking a small trip around the block to Hong Kong. Jonathan was worried about one parent taking a child out of the country, but it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. To say that she LOVED it, is an understatement. She got too meet Jonathan's family and see so many things. Maybe one of these days, I'll get to go back as well. She got to see the Hong Kong Temple which was dedicated while I was a missionary. It's awesome, of course. It is not only the temple, but also has the mission home in it an a ward meets there as well.




This is Jonathan's Uncle Sam that he thinks very highly of. Victoria got to meet so many people, she can't keep them straight. She now has an advantage over me, because I haven't met ANY of these people!


It did actually get cold in Hong Kong while they were there. Luckily Jonathan's sister and mother bought Victoria enough clothes and jackets to clothe her whole class at school. Speaking of school, she goes back tomorrow and can't wait to tell everyone of all her adventures.



This is Jonathan's sister, Victoria's Auntie Kate. They stayed at her house while they were there and Kate and her husband took them so many places. Kate's family is coming to visit us this summer and we plan to show them a good time. Hopefully, we will be able to go back to the beach! :) And a few other things as well. They will be staying about a month.

Here is Kate's son and Victoria's BFF while she was there, Kisson. I'm glad she had someone close to her age to hang out with.

Ok, time for my trip. Brayden and I went to Louisiana for Christmas! I had such a great time! I hope I get to go back before too long. Of course, being the retarded person that I am, I only took pictures of Brayden and not of the many wonderful friends that I got to see. Pictures of Brayden are good of course, but I haven't seen these people since high school. That would be almost 19 years. That's correct people, I'm old. Anyway, my next trip, I will definitely remember to document my happiness with pictures.
I started with a visit to my dad's wife, Jo. It was a good visit. She looks a lot older and her health isn't very good. She has an anurism behind her eye and is having surgery to have it removed later this month. She loved seeing Brayden and wished that my dad could have met him. Me too.
We got to stay a week and the weather was WONDERFUL. Complete with a day of 80 degree weather. Brayden loved playing outside in the dirt. One thing I love about Louisiana at Christmas is being able to wear short sleeve shirts!

At my Aunt's house, there are various stuffed wildlife around. Brayden loved it. He thought it was real, of course, but he loved petting the cat and bird. There was a deer head on the wall too, and he kept saying that he wanted to "touch the reindeer's nose". So I had to lift him up to touch it.
Some of his favorite Christmas presents were all his tractors.

Well, that's about it. Like I said, I wish I had pictures of my friends that I visited, but it will have to wait until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Great visits for both of you!! At least you had a couple pics and I can't believe how big he is now!!

    ReplyDelete