I did make great friends at Ricks and later when I went to Hong Kong on my mission. But whenever I went home, I always wanted to go back to Louisiana. Just something about driving from the state line on the Mississippi side with the cotton fields as far as the eye can see with nothing to obstruct your view to my hometown of Monroe. I love passing my old high school that I can see from the interstate. I have to say, that I guess I love everything about the place.
All that being said, I need to put forth some serious effort into being happy with my life now. I have a great husband and two great kids that need my love and attention. I need to find a way to have the happiness I felt in Louisiana while I am here in Georgia. I think one reason I feel this way is because we have no family and very few friends here. Despite being here for 13 years, we only know people from church and only in the last couple of years have I found a couple of great friends. Just kind of boring and lonely most of the time. Anyway, I hope that I can find a way to be more happy.
Let me see if I can find some pictures to brighten up this post! :)
Here are Victoria and her awards from last year (2nd grade). Brayden has to do everything his sister does. I hope he likes school as much as her.
Here is the day Victoria was baptized. What a cutie!
Before Halloween 2011. Brayden was a shark and Victoria was a Chinese girl, I know not very imaginative. And Kailey (Brayden's girlfriend) was a butterfly.
After I was done with my student teaching, I brought Brayden to one of the preschool classes for a few days while I helped out. He loved it, of course. I think his favorite part was recess!
By the way, I graduated last month! I got my diploma in the mail so I guess it's official. Need a job now!


OK, so I haven't been on anyone else's blogs in like 6 months! I finally stopped by and holy cow have those kids grown up! They are so adorable! And I finally read your NKOTB post!! Love it! And love the comment about me and lots of pics... that's Me! Haha. And I hope you find your niche for living in the present and liking Georgia! You can do it! You have amazing kids and husband who love you! Love you too friend!
ReplyDelete